The social media world is constantly in flux. Things have changed, and if your social media strategy hasn't been changing with it, you're already behind the competition. It's 2019: do you know where your social media management is?
GETTING THE STATS RIGHT
The first step to taking control of your social media management is knowing the most up-to-date statistics. These will tell you what your customers are doing on social media, how social media is changing, and what's going on with your competitors.
Just get your head around these general stats:
- 45% of the world uses social networks with an increase of 9% from this time last year
- More than a million people join social media every day
- 67% of social media users only access it via mobile
- The average person spends 2.5 hours a day on social
- The typical person in the US will click on 8 Facebook ads each month
Now consider what your competitors are up to in 2020:
- 90% of America's brands use social media
- Most businesses are keeping up 4 to 10 social profiles at any one time
- 77% of brands are planning to increase their use of social media
- 53% of brands us social media advertising, and global advertising budgets have grown by 32% since 2018
Who is using what brand on social media? To reach your target audience, you need to know where they are:
- 39% of women and 30% of men use Instagram
- Instagram has been the top teen platform since overtaking Snapchat in late 2018
- 41% of seniors are on Facebook and the total number has doubled since 2012
- Teen use of facebook has dropped from 71% to 51% since 2014
- 41% of women are on Pinterest, but only 16% of men
- Pinterest is hottest with people between 18 and 49.
- 50% of people with higher education degrees are on LinkedIn
- 86% of B2B companies use LinkedIn
WHAT'S HAPPENING ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Knowing the important stats is the first step; how are people interacting on social media? Perhaps the hottest trend, and one that shows no sign of slowing, is the domination of mobile. People are ditching the traditional scrolled blogs and post feeds and embracing communication formats that work well on phones.
The Story format has jumped exponentially in popularity, with nearly half of Snapchat users now saying they prefer Instagram Stories. Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and WhatsApp Status have 450 millions active users a day.
Most businesses using multiple platforms are using Fastory, which allows you to create a story and post it to the social medial channel of your choice. Stories keep information together and are incredibly versatile, which means their popularity will just keep rising.
There's no simpler way to put it: modern people want to see it in video. Cisco reported that a mind-boggling 75% of all 2017 consumer internet traffic on their network was video only, and they expect that number will be 82% by 2022.
All the social media platforms have launched features that encourage users to post videos, and a Facebook/Nielsen joint investigation found that on that platform alone, video posts have gone up 94% in the last year. Branded Facebook videos are getting 13% organic reach rates and 6% engagement rates.
WHERE IS YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT?
Is your social media management on top of the hottest trends and fast changes in the social media world? Do you know where you should be and how to get there? Reach out to PHENYX today to find out how to leverage social media trends in 2020 to grow your business and improve your brand recognition.